Maybe only down south they’ve noticed the new Salt Creek Brewery north of Bedford. It’s a sandwich-and-stuff brewpub on old Ind 37. Music a couple of days each week. A back porch that looks like a wonderful outdoor bar. The beer list online has Junk Yard Dog Stout, Black Dog Scotish Pub Ale, The Recipe Belgian Saison, Out Of Order IPA, Needmore Cream Ale, Ole Swampy Nut Brown and Colonel Klink German Brown Alt.
Richmond’s New Boswell Brewery opened a tap room last week. A Grand Opening will happen later. You can get a sampler platter or a chocolate & beer pairing platter. Cool. Here are the necessaries:
410 N. 10th St. (at the corner of N. 10th St. and N. D. St. in the Loft building, next to Ghyslain Bistro which supplies the food for the tap room)
On tap now:
- Boswell Cream Ale
- Raspberry Wheat
- Biere de Garde (Amber Ale)
- Ezra’s Brown Ale
- Landslide Imperial Wheat IPA (10% ABV)
- Maelstrom Imperial Stout (10% ABV)
My Hoosier Beer is now available as a Kindle book. $9.99. It’s ranked as Amazon’s 856,526th best selling Kindle book and the Paperback ($16.05) is ranked 542,046. The electronic version is also available for the Barnes & Nobles’ Nook and through Apple via an app for the iPad.
- Upland moves into Cincinnati market.
- Armed Alabama Agents Confiscate Home Brewing Supplies.
- North Coast Distributing to become Indiana Beverage.
- America is the best place in the world for beer drinkers as the average worker earns 12 pints an hour.
- What Your Beer Says About Your Politics. Hint: Heineken = Democrat, Shiner Bock = Republican, Lone Star = doesn’t vote, Sierra Nevada = always votes, any microbrew drinker is sorta Democrat and votes often. And if you’re still interested, here’s a correlation between Rep/Dem and the number of breweries in a state. Bet you can guess the results.
And now for the requisite sexist pictures of Oktoberfest.