There’s another startup brewery in South Bend and here’s what Eric Strader and I have learned. Four Horsemen Brewing Co. is located at 710 Fellows St., owned by Sam and Ben Roule. They plan a production brewery, bottling, with a tasting room using the equipment they bought from Mishawaka Brewing a couple of weeks ago. These tanks have been moved from Elkhart already. Distribution will be through Indiana Beer Inc., formerly Metro Beverages distributors which Sam and Ben sold a while back. More pictures, etc. at the link above to their facebook page. This weekend: More, including liquor store tastings, can be found at IndianaBeer’s Calendar.
- Thurs, Apr 28 – Ram Spring Fever tapping. 6:30 Fishers. 7pm downtown.
- Thurs, Apr 28 – Indiana Breweries, Book Signing. Thr3e Wise Men. 6-9pm
- Thurs, Apr 28 – Ceremonial First Tapping of Moerlein Maibock. Neon’s Unplugged, Cinci. 5-9pm.
- Fri, Apr 29 – Indiana Breweries, Book Signing. Barnes & Noble Clearwater Crossing. 11am-1pm
- Fri, Apr 29 – Indiana Breweries, Book Signing. Nate will be at Flat 12 Bierwerks 2-6pm. John will be at Sun King 2-7pm. (also on WISH-TV at 9am).
- Fri, Apr 29 – Bier Prost. Horseshoe Casino, Elizabeth. For IUS(e). $35 </TDALIGN="LEFT">
- Sat, Apr 30 – Dark Lord Day – SOLD OUT
- Sat, Apr 30 – Upland Maifest and tapping of Maibock.
- Sat, Apr 30 – Indiana Breweries, Book Signing. John will be at Lafayette Brewing 11:30am-3:30pm. Nate will be at People’s Brewing Noon-3pm. (also on WTHR at 8am)
- Sat, Apr 30 – Indiana Breweries, Book Signing. Beer Geeks Pub, Highland. 6-9pm
- Sat, Apr 30 – Cask AleFest Dayton, OH. 1-5pm. $40
- Sat, Apr 30 – Kahn’s bus trip to Heaven Hill, Four Roses, and Horseshoe Casino. $95.
- Sat, Apr 30 – Beer & Wine tasting. Sahara Mart east, Bloomington. Noon-4pm
- Sun, May 1 – Indiana Breweries, Book Signing. Haymarket Pub, Chicago. 11am-2pm
- Mon, May 2 – Great Taste of the Midwest ticket orders must be postmarked today.
Urbain Coutteau of De Struise Brouwers will be wandering Indiana and Louisville for a couple of weeks.
May 3 – Collaboration brewing with Three Floyds (a Belgian IPA)
May 4 – Collaboration brewing with Half Acre and Pipeworks
May 6 – Party at Louisville Beer Store
May 7 – Beer Ball at Holy Grale, Louisville.
May 8 – Collaboration brewing with NABC (Mint Julep IIPA)
May 9 – A second collaboration with NABC plus Office Hours visit
This week at the Bier Brewery and Taproom: Kolsch,Weizengoot, Wildflower Wheat, Belgian Blonde, PDG Pale, Hock Hupfte IPA, Dred Brown, and Belgianwheatfruitsomethinoranother Seriously? “MGD 64, the beer that established the super low-calorie beer category, is furthering its reputation as a category innovator with the creation of the first-ever flavored super low-calorie beer. The limited-edition MGD 64 Lemonade, a 64-calorie light beer with the taste of lemonade, launches nationally beginning May 1. The special brew will be available only until Labor Day.”