- Today – Book Signing for Hoosier Beer. 4-7pm. Sun King.
- Saturday – South Bend Brewfest. Century Center. Noon-4pm. $30.
- Saturday –Big Woods Brewing Quafftoberfest. Nashville. With new Bourbon Barrel Stout and Alt. 11:30am-10pm.
- Saturday – Movember Crawl for a Cause. Mass Ave, Indy. 6pm+. $20/$25 incl Upland beer at Front Page, Ball & Biscuit, Old Point, Rathskeller, Chatham Tap.
- Sunday – BCCA Indianapolis Breweriana Trade Show, La Quinta, Emerson Ave., Indy. 9am-about noon. Free attendance.
Roger tells us about Madison’s Soup, Stew,Chili, and Brew.
August Schell will release a Burton Ale: ” As is traditional for British brewers, Schell’s added sugar in the kettle, and some Dark Candi Syrup. Finally, the Burton Ale is hopped with Nugget and Goldings, fermented with a British ale yeast, dry-hopped, and aged for 3 months prior to release.” press release
Writers’ wars. Martyn Cornell doesn’t think the Oxford Companion to Beer is as accurate as it should be (understatement alert). Jeff Alworth isn’t thrilled either. There’s even a correction wiki.
Travel & Leisure Magazine lists the 12 best US beer gardens.