This weekend and beyond (includes next week because I’ll be on the road in northern Indiana. Stop in at Mad Anthony’s or Beer Geeks and say hi.
- Thurs, Sept 1 – Oktoberfest Tapping. Sun King. Indy 6-9pm
- Thurs, Sept 1 – Rhineland Kolsch tapping. Ram Fishers. 6:30. (also some 2009 Barrel-aged Buttface Amber)
- Fri, Sept 2 – Opening of Triton Brewing. Lawrence. 3pm-10pm.
- Sat, Sept 3 – Kennywood Brewing Supply 2nd anniversary. Crown Point. 11:30am-7pm
- Tues, Sept 6 – Book Signing for Hoosier Beer. 6:30 boring speech. 7:30 Pub Quiz. Mad Anthony, Ft. Wayne. No charge
- Wed, Sept 7 – Tapping of Harvest Ale. Rock Bottom, 86th St. Indy. 6pm
- Wed, Sept 7 – Book Signing for Hoosier Beer. 6:30 boring speech. 7:30 Pub Quiz. Beer Geeks Pub, Highland. No charge.
- Thurs, Sept 8 – Big Horn Oktoberfest tapping. Ram Downtown Indy. 6pm.
- Fri, Sept 9 – Mad Anthony Octobeerfest Golf Outing. Ft. Wayne
- Sat, Sept 10 – Mad Anthony Octobeerfest. Ft. Wayne
- Sat, Sept 10 – ZooBrew, South Bend. 7-10pm. $35
Barley Island, Four Horsemen, Mad Anthony, Oaken Barrel, Three Floyds, Upland
- Sun, Sept 12 – Sandkerwa begins at New Albanian‘s Public House, New Albany. All beers Bavarian (including Bamberg). Continues the rest of the month.
At the Taste of Kokomo, Half Moon and the Howard Co. Homebrew Club gave brewing lessons but Half Moon didn’t win the ribs competition. article
Triton Brewing will open this Friday, Sept 2nd.
We found Snaps Steakhouse; 12 and Main in Jasper – worth a visit.Steaks, seafood, pasta, sandwiches and 8 taps including BBC, Bells, FFF, Schlafly, Stone. $2 pints on Tuesdays. They seem to have the largest mug club around – 3 walls are covered in engraved 25oz mugs and members get their filled for $1 more than a pint. The building is directly across the street from the the site of the Excelsior brewery (1849-1916) which osened it as the Queen City Saloon (below). Now it’s owned by Kim Mitchell and Dave Englert – Zack Mitchell is the barman.
The Hoosier Beer book signing in Evansville had about 16 people and the OHVA crew won the pub quiz (below). In New Albany at a smaller, 6-person turnout Roger Baylor swept the quiz playing alone.
Roger reports Jesse Williams is now with Huber winery – as you remember, Jared Williamson is now with Schlafly. Don’t get them confused.
Sara’s Harmony Way is selling Harmonie Bier at her small antique shop / lunch place in New Harmony. It’s Great Crescent’s Replicale (Dark Lager). here are the details – The sign says “Indiana’s 1st Beer”.
The popular Upland tasting room in Indianapolis will be selling pints every day and has new hours: Sun-Thurs 4pm-10pm. Fri + Sat: Noon – Midnight
Re: last weekend’s Midwest Brewers Festival in Plainfield, IL: ” Overall, some 3,000 to 4,000 people braved the devastatingly perfect weather to walk along the river and try beer from nearly 60 brewers.”