- Mon, Sept 19 – Oktoberfest tapping party. Granite City Ft. Wayne, Mishawaka, Indy. 4-6pm
- Thurs, Sept 22 -Book Signing for Hoosier Beer. 6:30 boring speech. 7:30 Pub Quiz. Barley Island, Noblesville.
- Thurs, Sept 22 – Northcoast PranQster tasting. Brockway Public House, Carmel. 5pm.
- Sat, Sept 24 – Valpo Brewfest. Valparaiso. 125 beers. 1-5pm. $40
- Sat, Sept 24 – Brew Ha Ha. Evansville Museum of Art, History, and Science. 6-10pm. $25/$30.
- Sat, Sept 24 – Herron-Morton Place Oktoberfest. 3-10pm. Indy. $5/$10
Sun, Sept 24 – All Beers Considered Beer & cheese tasting. Cornerstone Center, Muncie. $20 to $30. 2-5pm
Found a new brewery-to-be. Iechyd Da Brewing Co. has just moved into their building at 317 N. Main St. in Elkhart. They’ll be brewing by this winter. See their facebook page for details. You’ve probably already figured out Iechyd Da means Cheers in Welsh.
In addition to the European barley crop woes, the USDA says barley production is down 7% from 180 million bushels to 168 million bushels. Stock up now.