The Evansville Courier & Press gives big ink to John Mills and his Best of Show at the State Fair (even though the online copy is weirdly edited with a broiled salmon recipe stuck in the middle). "Homebrewers’ association member turns hops into a first-place creation" Nate Schweber gives Upland and Broad Ripple Brewpub ink in BA’s CraftBeer for their Bison. Nate and John Holl have turned in the manuscript for their Indiana breweries book. It will be over 200 pages when it comes out. Now at or coming to a tap near you:
- Back Road – Now: LaPorte UnCommon, Sit. Late August: Midwest IPA, Pols Shift Pale Ale. Mid September: Double Back Autumn Ale. Don’t forget their tours/tastings on Saturdays, 1-4pm.
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse – September: Oktoberfest
- Figure 8 Brewing – Now: Rye Knot, Baltic Rye, Snake Pro Double IPA. They now have 8 brews on tap in the tasting room.
- Granite City – Sept 13: Oktoberfest
- Great Crescent Brewery – Dark Lager
- Lafayette Brewing – Sept 21: Oatis Brown
- New Albanian – Now: Ancient Rage Smoked Baltic Porter
- Ram – Aug 18: Aries American Wheat
- Rock Bottom – Aug 11 (86th St) and Aug 12 (downtown Indy): Apply Pils
- Shoreline – Now: Dim Wit
- Sun King – Now: Grapefruit Jungle. Aug 26: Chinookie
- Three Floyds – 5pm today: Ruggoop Rye Wine (only on Thursdays – also being sold by the bottle at the brewpub), Owd Engwish Bawley Whine (only on Fridays.
- Upland – Aug 7: Altered States – Brian Steuerwald’s UpCup competition winner. Mid August: Oktoberfest
The HBG Knights review Great Divide Hercules and visit the Ball & Biscuit on Mass Ave in Indy. Here’s a slideshow of the True Brew signing at Lafayette Brewing