Darren sent us this next week’s tap list at the Bier Brewery and Taproom.
On Wednesday December 22nd at 3pm, the Bier Brewery will release four of our newest biers. Christmas Chocolate Mint Stout – Highly anticipated bier made with Ghiradelli chocolate and organic mint for a nice, balanced blend of holiday happiness. Problem Child IPA – 2006 Beer Geek Challenge winner Sean Tucker stopped by and helped brew his winning recipe. 7.8% alcohol and 90IBUs. This bier was never brewed commercially, so here it is, better late than never. Winter Porter – Robust porter with a touch of Briess cherry-wood smoked malt. Also added was Star Anise, Juniper Berries, and Sweet Orange Peel. The nice thing is that all of these ingredients are blended so well together and balanced to be sure to warm you up on a cold winter night. Rye Pale – We didn’t think we could make our PDG Pale any better, well we did. It was the addition of Rye Malt that did it. It has a nice spiciness that compliments the C hop additions. We have only about 80 growlers of each of these gems starting on Wednesday at 3pm. All of these biers will also be featured at the Winterfest this January, these are 4 of the 9 biers we will be taking.
Also, this short week, a little something all over the state:
- Wed 21st: 12 Bell’s beers at the Chatham Tap, Downtown Indy. 6pm+
- Wed 21st: Beer tasting. Pikk’s Tavern, Valparaiso. 5-6pm
- Thurs 23rd: Rick & Jeff Tours bus pub crawl to Louisville’s breweries. $25. 502-807-7531. email
- Thurs 23rd: Bell’s Batch 10,000 tapping and Ugly Christmas Sweater party. Chubby Trout, Elkhart. 6pm-midnight
- Thurs 23rd: Beer Tasting. Big Red Liquors, Bloomington. 6-8pm
- Thurs 23rd: Beer Sampling. Chalet Party Shoppe, CR 17, Elkhart. 4-6pm
- Fri 24th: (These are probable since they’re every Friday but not confirmed on this Sunday morning)
“The plan is to produce five beers to offer at bars and package stores and seven beers exclusive to the tasting room. The first round of offerings include a winter seasonal called Glazed Ham, an India Pale Ale called Half Cycle, an Upside Down Blonde, and a porter and amber ale still in search of clever names. Growlers will go for $12 and refills will be $8.”