New Albanian’s Thunderfoot will be out in bombers, presumably by spring. But not by Saturnalia, the NABC Public House’s weeks long celebration of winter beers, which starts the day after Thanksgiving (Nov 26). Saturnalia list as of now Microbrew Review of Broo Doo. This Busy Week Sunday:
- Broad Ripple Brewpub 20th Anniversary Party. Starts at Noon. Music 5-9pm
- Beer & Wine tasting. Agio Restaurant, Indy. Noon-3pm. $35
- All-Grain Brewing Class. Great Fermentations, Indy. 10am
- Brewers Group discussion and trade. Great Fermentations, Indy. 1-4pm
- Founder’s Beer Dinner. Binkley’s Kitchen, Indy. 6:30pm. $40.
- Beginning Brewing Class. Great Fermentations, Indy. 6pm
- Tapping of Blitzen Ale at Rock Bottom, 86th St, Indy. 6pm
- Poppaskull (FFF/DFH collaboration) release at Brugge Brasserie *
- Stone and Founders Bastard beers at The Heorot, Muncie. 6pm+
- Tapping of Blitzen Ale at Rock Bottom, Downtown Indy. 6pm
- Release of Steel Curtain Oatmeal Stout. Half Moon, Kokomo.
- The Role of Water discussion. Krannert Room, Clowes Hall, Butler U. Indy. 5pm.
- Stone and Founders Bastard beers at Scotty’s, Downtown Indy. 6pm+
- Beer Tasting. Big Red Liquors, Bloomington. 6-8pm
- Beer Sampling. Chalet Party Shoppe, CR 17, Elkhart. 4-6pm
- Stone/Founders collaboration event. Scotty’s Brewhouse, Downtown Indy.
- Poppaskull (FFF/DFH collaboration) release at Three Pints Brewpub. 5pm *
- Beer Tasting. Liquor Locker, Evansville. 4-7pm
- Beer Sampling. Norma’s Fine Wines. Indy. 6-8pm
- Beer Tasting. Cap n’ Cork, Dupont Rd. Ft. Wayne. 5-7pm
- Beer Tasting. Vine and Table, Carmel, 3-7pm
- Beer Tasting. Crown Liquors, Downtown Indy. 3-7pm; Carmel & Fishers. 4-7pm
- Avery & Flying Dog Tasting. 21st Amendment, Broad Ripple. 5-7pm.
- STL Hops 3rd Anniversary Party. St. Louis. $26. 6pm++
- BeerMBA Class Part 1/3. Carmel. 6:00-9:30pm
- Alpha Acid Test tasting. Lafayette Brewing. 20 dry-hopped IPAs. 2-5pm. $20.
- Michigan Extreme Beer Fest. Acorn Theater, Kalamazoo. 6-9pm. $30
- WIPB‘s All Beers & Cheese Considered. Cornerstone Center, Muncie. 1:30-5pm. $10/$20. RSVP by 5pm Monday, Nov. 15th at 800-646-1812 or email email@example.com
- Duneland Area Exchange Club Beer Wine & Sprit Tasting. Woodland Park Community Center, Portage. 1-4pm
- Discovery Channel Brew Masters program debuts. Stars Sam Calagione of Dogfish Head. 10pm. preview – trailer – There will be an HBG viewing party at Brugge starting at 8:30pm
* “A deep, golden ale spiced with cardamom and fermented using a robust Belgian yeast strain. One third of the volume was then aged for 6 months in oak brandy barrels. Spice, esters, and sweet brandy dominate the aroma. A robust 10% abv is rounded by caramel and vanilla notes from the wood with a slight spiciness coming from the yeast.” Editorial See the video below. This has got purchase in many states right now and there’s a there’s a ban in Michigan and "the FDA is also investigating whether to stop the sale of … "alcopop" drinks". This could become a problem. If our hamhanded congresscritters do this and do it the usual way, Indiana could end up banning all caffeine in alcoholic drinks. We could lose Coffee Stouts. Even chocolate or tea might not be safe ingredients. Not to mention pre-mixed rum and cokes. The Blichmann Hop Rocket is your own personal Randall. And filter. And hopback. About $120. Available at your favorite friendly homebrew store or mail order. BTW, John Hickenlooper, founder of Wynkoop Brewing and soon-to-be-ex-Mayor of Denver was elected Governor of Colorado. Ratebeer’s Top 50 American Session Beers (under 4.5% ABV). None from Indiana. Frowny face.