What’s on tap in Indy:
- Broad Ripple Brewpub has Diving Duck Brown and IPA on the handpull.
- Alcatraz‘s hits include The Rock Bock, 1 3/4 Belgian (not quite a Dubbel), and an American Stout.
- Ram has a bit of Nitro-pushed IPA dry hopped with Sarachi Ace. Also Barefoot Wit. Jon’s new Kölsch gives excellent fullness to the mouth with a nice bitter finish. An Alt is in the works as well as something else that looks in my notebook like "irisastorm".
- Rock Bottom, downtown Indy has Schwartzlager, Hefeweizen, Maibock, Bottoms Up Kölsch, and Cezanne Saison.
- Oaken Barrel has Maibock and Dunkel Weizen seasonals right now.
- BW3, downtown Indy is continuing the big summer theme with Dogfish Head Red&White, 90min, Founders Double Trouble, Imperial Stout, Stone Imperial Russian Stout, Gulden Draak, Sierra Nevada Bigfoot (ready now – think super IPA).
Sam is going to do Thursday tappings at BW3 starting June 25th with Dogfish Head 120min – $8/8oz. Apocalypse Cow will be on tap July 2nd. Also on July 2nd. Tapping of American Dream Cream Ale at both Rock Bottoms so a small crawl down Washington St. seems in order. Oaken Barrel has been open now for 15 years. They will have a Pork of July Party on Sat, July 4th to celebrate. Starts at 11:30am. Rad Red should hit the shelves soon. Cavalier tells us they will have 5 gal of barrel aged He’Brew Bittersweet Lenny’s RIPA for the Indy Micro Brew Fest. Fat Tire is in Indiana now in Draft. Wouldn’t you like to have a piece of this action? Seems like hundreds of taps now pouring Newcastle Brown, Stella, and even maybe Mich are about to change to an American beer. Adrian Ball, the Ram’s new Assistant Brewer: "When do we start tomorrow?"
Jon Simmons: "The earlier we start, the earlier we get done, the more time we have to drink."